Friday, July 31, 2009

Back from vacation

Wow, I haven't blogged in over a month. I'm sure that's pretty typical of new bloggers...I'm just not in the habit yet of blogging regularly. Oh yeah, and I don't really have any readers yet. Anyway the hiatus should mean that I'll be blogging more actively in the near term cuz I have come up with lots of ideas while I've been away.

So part of the reason that I haven't blogged in a while is that we were away making our regular summer trip back to Denver and western Nebraska where we have friends and family. I keep reading about people taking "stay-cations" this summer. That's kind of an impossibility for those of us who aren't from here. Pretty much all of our vacations are really trips to visit our families who live far away from us, so one could argue that they're not really vacations in the sense that we're not exactly getting it away from it ALL. But we do try to mix different kinds of stops, visits, and recreation in with our trips to visit family, and I'm sure we'll do more and more of this as our kids get older and can enjoy a larger variety of diversions.

Also, since our "here" doesn't happen to be a destination city for others (like Denver was), we constantly find ourselves going elsewhere to visit friends & family. My wife's family does visit us regularly, but my kin are kind of sticks in the mud about traveling.

So this is the point where if I had any readers I would call for comments on what others are doing for vacation this summer. Is anyone reveling in a stay-cation (is it possible to actually revel in a stay-cation?)? Do others visit family and call it vacation? Is anyone taking a real vacation where they rent a cottage or go to some exotic locale to relax and reload? I'm all ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment